Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Chopped Taco Salad


 Are you catching a theme??  I LOVE Mexican fare!  It is so fresh and delicious I just can't help it!  And, this salad is a piece of cake to put together!  I whipped it up as a "Spring is coming" celebration meal - which ended up  bringing another snow storm, but hey, I tried :)
 

This is a very versatile salad - a great vegetarian meal, side dish, tortilla stuffer, or grilled chicken breast topper.  You can get very creative with it!  I hope you try it - I promise all the chopping will be worth it!
 
 
 
Chopped Taco Salad:

1/2 cup Cilantro chopped
1 Tomato chopped
3 Green Onions chopped
1/4 Jalapeno chopped (or to taste)
1 can Black Beans drained and rinsed
1 can Corn drained and rinsed
Squirt of Lemon Juice
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
1 Avocado chopped


Mix the first 8 ingredients together - if you want to refrigerate it go for it!  Or, eat it at room temperature.  Add the avocado right before serving, unfortunately in this salad the avocado does not keep well, so only add it as you are serving or it will brown up in your salad.  Enjoy!






 






No comments:

Post a Comment