Thursday, January 10, 2013

Twine "Baskets"


If you are anything like me, you are horrified by the price of baskets these days...  We splurged on one really nice TV stand for our living room, but, it has been ruined by stacking our DVDs on it!  So, they other day I decided I wanted a basket or two to fix it up real pretty :)  Problem was, I am way too cheap to buy them!  So, I took leftover twine (which can be bought at local craft stores or super stores) and I took some of my leftover Christmas boxes (a shoe box and amazon box) and I got to work!



I heated up my hot glue gun and cut the flaps off the top of the box then ran a strand of glue along the bottom of the box and attached the twine all the way around.  It is best to glue the entirety of the first strand on to the box so the twine does not slip off the bottom.  Then, becoming sparing with the glue, I would chose a different spot to glue on each side just to make sure it was attached at various points.  If this doesn't make sense, please feel free to ask questions!  I don't have pictures because I did it when my husband wasn't available to take pictures, and he is my photographer :) 


You can use any size box you wish, and I believe there are several size twines - I chose the thin one because that is what I had leftovers of.  Have fun making these cheap "baskets"!

No comments:

Post a Comment