Monday, January 28, 2013

Sugar Scrub


 

Sugar Scrubs

My husband and I just got back from a lovely vacation to Cozumel - it was beautiful!  And the best part?  My skin looked amazing!  It was soft, supple, and moisturized (so moisturized it almost looked fake!).  OK, so maybe that wasn't the best part...  But for me, that is a feat!  My skin is always terribly dry and cracked in the New England winters.  So, now that I am back from my winter respite, it is time to break out the sugar scrub and keep my hands Cozumel-like.
 
 
The recipe for this could not be simpler!  I am going to guess you have the ingredients on hand already, so run to your kitchen and whip this up!
 
 

Sugar Scrub Basic Recipe


2 cups of White Sugar
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Light Olive Oil
1/4 teaspoon Peppermint Extract

Mix together in a bowl and store in an airtight container (I have had mine for two months now with no "rotting" problems).  To use, place about one tablespoon on your hands and scrub together gently for 30 seconds or so and rinse in warm water - voila!  Exfoliated and moisturized skin!  I did not find this combination too greasy but, if you do, go ahead and leave out the extra 2 tablespoons of oil.  The extract is also optional.  I tend to be very sensitive to scents, but this is gentle enough I had no issues with it.  You can mix it up with essential oils if you would prefer something other than peppermint - get creative, you can't go wrong with this stuff!  It is also wonderful on dry feet, knees, and elbows, go ahead and make a double batch and leave a container of it in your shower - Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment