Monday, January 28, 2013

Fantastic Fingerless Gloves

 
 

Fantastic Fingerless Gloves

 
 
 
For Christmas this year we went very "budget-friendly" and I made almost all the gifts we gave... which included five pairs of these gloves  :)  They are the easiest peasiest little things to create!  In fact, I am making another pair for a friend this week who saw one of my gifted pairs.  This is a beginner pattern, nothing but knit and pearl and a darning needle to sew up the sides!  So, while the snow falls tonight I will be making another pair  - you should too!
 
This pattern was found at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/waffle-stitch-fingerless-gloves a wonderful site with LOTS of ideas, check it out for yourself :)
 

Pattern: 

Supplies:

80 -100 yards worsted weight 3 ply yarn
Size 7 knitting needles
A darning needle

What to do:

Cast on 36 stitches
Do 1 waffle stitch set: 1 set is 4 rows - Rows 1 & 2 K2 P2 (to end) Rows 3 & 4 Knit all stitches
Next, 10 rows of stockinette ( Knit one row, Pearl one row)
Work waffle set 7 more times
Do 4 rows of stockinette
Work waffle set 1 time
Knit 2 rows
Bind off
 
To sew up the sides I left a long "tail" on my knitted piece and sewed from the top down to the start of the waffle set and left a gap for my thumb 3 waffle sets long.  I begin sewing again on the beginning of the fourth set and sewed to the end of the glove (hopefully the picture clears this up).  I did it several different ways, and this seemed to be the best. 
 
 
Leave a comment with any questions you may have!  Enjoy this easy, fun and rewarding project - get knitting!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment