Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Chicken Corn Chowder


Brrr.... if your weather has been anything like ours the last few days a bowl of chowder sounds like just the thing you need!  I love this recipe - I finally got it just right.  Through trial and error with several recipes I finally gave up and made my own!  When I sit down to chowder for dinner I want it to be chunky, rich, creamy, and healthy (do you see why none of the recipes out there worked?).  I hope you find this recipe to be all of those things!  So get your crockpot out, this deliciousness is awaiting you!

Chicken Corn Chowder

4 Washed, Cubed Potatoes (I keep the skin on)
1 Chopped Onion
2 Cans of Corn Drained
2 Chicken Breasts Cooked and Cubed*
1 Clove of Garlic
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper (or to taste)
4 Cups of Chicken Broth
8 oz Low Fat Cream Cheese

Layer the ingredients into the crockpot as listed above.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4.  Before serving stir the cream cheese into the chowder.  Serve warm with crusty whole grain bread - Enjoy!

* Sometimes I place my chicken into the crockpot raw and whole and let it cook then, before serving the chowder I take the chicken out, chop it up, and stir it back in.  Saves a step and time!

No comments:

Post a Comment