Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Guilt-Free Baked Oatmeal

Due to my husbands crazy schedule it is so nice to wake up to a breakfast that is quick, nutritious, and delicious... Sounds like quite the list to fill doesn't it?!  Not with this amazing baked oatmeal!  I grew up on this stuff- the original version that is.  But, to make it something I could eat guilt free I have changed the recipe quite a bit!  And you know it is a hit when your husband tells you he wants to eat the whole tray (don't tell him I made it healthy!).  So here it is, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!



Guilt-Free Baked Oatmeal

3/4 Cup Applesauce
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 1/2 Cups Almond Milk
2 Bananas Mashed
4 Cups Oatmeal
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder

Mix the first five (wet) ingredients.  Separately mix the last two (dry) and then combine the wet and dry.  Place into a greased 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes - it is done when the top is golden brown and a tooth pick comes out clean. 

Enjoy it hot out of the oven with a splash of milk or even maple syrup if you are feeling indulgent!

Options: you can adjust the sweetener if you would like, I want to try making it with Maple Syrup but we were out... You can use any kind of milk you would like too.  Oh, and go ahead and play around with some mix-in options, nuts, dried fruit, other fruit, etc.  Let me know how they turn out!

P.S. Make the whole batch, I promise you will eat it all!  I make mine in the evening when we heat up servings during the week - ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment